What is blue light?
Blue light’s high-energy waves are similar to UV rays but visible to the human eye.
Whether it’s sunny or cloudy, you’ll find high concentrations of blue light outdoors from the sun’s rays. Indoors, sources of blue light include digital devices (TVs, tablets, phones and computers) and artificial lighting—especially fluorescent and LED lights.
Why is blue light harmful?
Our eyes offer a natural filter for most light, but they don’t provide sufficient protection against blue light rays.
What are the effects of blue light exposure?
- Macular Degeneration and Cataracts
- Headaches, Eye Strain and Discomfort
- Sleep Disorders
- Diminished Concentration
- Behavioral and Anxiety Issues’
- Computer Vision Syndrome
- Health Problems such as Cancer, Diabetes
Who’s most at risk?
Because children’s retinas aren’t fully formed, they are highly susceptible to infiltration of harmful rays.
As seniors age, the protective layers on their retinas diminish, leaving them even more exposed to blue light rays. This exposure can cause aged-related Macular Degeneration and Cataracts.
Use a Blue-light safe light such as a Dr. Lite Lamp when reading, doing crafts or working on your computer.
These lamps will:
- Eliminate harmful UV and blue light with custom LEDs and patented blue light-absorbing filters
- Minimize flicker and glare to reduce headaches and red eyes
- Enhance visual clarity with balanced spectrum lighting for reading, working and more
- Promote better sleep by filtering blue light and maintaining melatonin needed for a good night’s rest
- Improve focus by reducing blue light exposure that causes overstimulation and hyperactivity
If you would like more information on the Dr. Lite Lamps or would like to purchase your own Dr. Lite Lamp from Dr. Huggett, Click Here and SAVE 10% off the price by using code DR10%EH at check out.