Your eyes are complex organs that need many different vitamins and nutrients to function properly.
Common conditions, such as diabetic retinopathy, age-related macular degeneration, glaucoma and cataracts, can impact your eyes.
Though a variety of different factors causes these conditions, nutrition seems to have an influence on all of them — at least in part.
There are several key vitamins and nutrients that help maintain eye health.
1. Vitamin A: Vitamin A plays a crucial role in vision by maintaining a clear cornea, which is the outside covering of your eye.
2. Vitamin E: Vitamin E is a potent antioxidant that helps protect your cells — including your eye cells — from damage by free radicals, which are harmful, unstable molecules.
3. Vitamin C: Like vitamin E, vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant that may protect your eyes against damaging free radicals
4. Vitamins B6, B9, and B12: This combination of vitamins can lower levels of homocysteine, a protein in your body that may be associated with inflammation and an increased risk of developing AMD
5. Riboflavin: Another B vitamin studied in relation to eye health is riboflavin (vitamin B2). As an antioxidant, riboflavin has the potential to reduce oxidative stress in your body, including your eyes
6. Niacin: Recently, studies have suggested that niacin may play a role in the prevention of glaucoma, a condition in which the optic nerve of your eye becomes damaged (23).
7. Lutein and Zeaxanthin: Both of these carotenoids can be found in the macula and retina of your eyes, where they help filter potentially harmful blue light, thus protecting your eyes from damage
Age-Related Eye Vitamins
There are eye vitamins you can take that were formulated and patented based on the clinical evidence from the landmark, independent Age-Related Eye Disease Studies also known as AREDS and AREDS 2.
These formulas have been scientifically proven to slow the rate of progression of Macular Degeneration.
Ask your eye care professional if taking these eye vitamins would be beneficial for you. Or if you’d like to order the AREDS2 vitamins today, you can do it right here and receive 10% OFF the price automatically.
Eye Vitamins and Mineral Supplements – with 10 mg Lutein and 2 mg Zeaxanthin
- The antioxidants Lutein and Zeaxanthin are important for rebuilding macular pigment optical density (MPOD)
- Contains natural source Vitamin E and 25 mg of Zinc
- Includes a proprietary blend of newly researched nutrients, like Taurine, to support eye health
- Maxi-Vision has been a trusted name for eye vitamins for over 20 years.
To order your own Maxi-Vision AREDS Eye Vitamins and save 10%,
click here: http://lowvisionsupport.doc2home.net