Meet our Dunedin Low Vision Specialist
Our doctor, Dr. Edward Huggett is a board-certified Optometric Physician specializing in Low Vision and Binocular Vision. He has dedicated his life to helping patients of all ages who suffer from severe vision loss and vision impairment. What Dr. Huggett does is find a way to improve the vision you have left so you can resume doing the things you once did.
Meet Dr. Edward Huggett - Low Vision Optometrist Near You
More About Dr. Edward Huggett - Low Vision Optometrist Near You
- Post-graduate course work in low vision 2007
- Lighthouse International, New York, NY 2004-2006
- Post-graduate course work in pediatric and binocular vision disorders 1994-1998
- Doctor of Optometry, University of Houston College of Optometry, Houston, TX. 1990
- Post-graduate courses in Education with special emphasis in post- graduate courses in Curriculum, Instruction and Administration, St. Leo College, St. Leo, FL. 1981-1983
- Bachelor of Arts, Zoology, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL. 1981
- Associate of Arts, St. Petersburg Junior College, St. Petersburg, FL. 1978
- Bay Pines VA Medical Center, Bay Pines, FL. 1989
- University of Houston College of Optometry, Houston, TX., 1988 - 1989
1995 to present Director and Founder of the Low Vision & Binocular Vision Clinic of Florida, providing vision examinations and rehabilitation for the visually impaired population
2012 to present Principal, Dr. Light, lighting products for vision enhancement
2010 to present Director of Optometric Services and Vision Enhancement Services, CLEAR Solutions for Reading, Inc.
2006 to 2015 Director, Low Vision Clinic, St. Luke’s Cataract and Laser Institute, Tarpon Springs, FL
2005 to 2007 Director, Low Vision Clinic, Morton Plant Mease Rehab. Center, Palm Harbor, FL
1994 Team Eye Physician, Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball Club
1990 Staff Optometrist - James Haley VA Medical Center, Tampa, FL.
1981 to 1986 Resource Instructor, Citrus County School Board, Inverness, FL
Contributor to Visual Ability of Patients Seeking Outpatient Low Vision Services in the United States, JAMA (Journal American Medical Association), 2014
ChromaGen Vision Screener Manual
CERTIFICATION Board Certified Optometric Physician – State of Florida License: OPC2447, current